I love potatoes and I’m a huge believer that not all carbs are created equally. Sweet potatoes are a great source of potassium and vitamin C. They also add so much substance to a meal, keeping you fuller longer. These are a huge staple in my kitchen.
Ingredients (All Organic)
- Sweet Potatoes (Japanese sweet potato, sweet potato and a purple yam)
- Filtered Water
- Lemon Juice
- Black beans (Click Here) for how to make the beans
- Cashew cream: soak ½ cup of raw cashews in 1 cup of water for one hour.
- Rinse the cashews.
- Add cashews to blender (Click Here) with ¼ - ½ cup of water.
- Add ½ teaspoon sea salt to blender.
- Add ½ squeezed lemon to blender.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Bake potato for one hour in the oven at 400 degrees
- Cut open potato
- Add sautéed black beans
- Add sautéed kale
- Add chopped chives
- Drizzle cashew cream on top to taste